[this is the healthiest muffin we know of and still good tasting; Cathy often doubles the recipe). We got the recipe off Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed meal (with essential Omega 3 fats].
- 1 ½ cup unbleached white flour
- ¾ cup flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup oat bran
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups carrots, shredded
- 2 apples, peeled and shredded
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together flour, flaxseed, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in carrots, applies, raisins, and nuts.
- Combine milk, beaten eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Stir until ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Yields 15 medium muffins.