(one serving, 15 to 20 minutes of prep time)
- 2/3 red bell pepper
- ¼ whole medium-size onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup low sodium salsa
- 1 tortilla (6 inches)
- ¾ cup squash, zucchini or yellow
Rinse and cut the peppers, onion, and zucchini into thin vertical slices. Heat olive oil in a skillet to medium heat and add the vegetables. Stir-fry about 3-4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, but still crunchy. Add the cumin, chili powder, garlic power and beans. Cook about 3-4 minutes. Stir in salsa to mix thoroughly and cook for another minute.
- There is typically enough filling for two tortillas.
- The mix is a bit sloppy but good.